At AlbionVC we are building the future of enterprise and healthcare. With around £500m of venture capital funds under management, our experienced team has been investing at the cutting edge of technology and science for over 20 years and has been a part of leading industry exits and IPOs.
The UCL Technology Fund (UCLTF) is dedicated to investing in intellectual property and commercialisation opportunities arising from UCL’s world-class research base. The fund supports UCL academics in achieving the full potential of innovations, right through the development journey from initial proof of concept to practical commercial application. UCLTF is managed by AlbionVC in collaboration with UCL Business.
After the successful deployment of UCLTF 1, earlier this year we announced a first close of a £100m successor fund and are hiring an Investment Manager to join the life sciences team.
To join our team you should be excited to do:
- Work with UCL Business and UCL academics to identify investment opportunities
- Build strong relationships with academics, co-investors and entrepreneurs
- Online content creation
- Events & outbound marketing
- Deal appraisal and investment case building
- Deal negotiation
- Fundraising and syndication
- Support portfolio companies, attend board meetings
Does this sound like you:
- 4 years+ experience in strategy consulting, investment banking or venture capital
- Life sciences degree and clear academic pedigree from leading university
- Strong understanding of medical sciences
- Deal transaction experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Proven ability to multitask, apply initiative and creativity, lead projects
- Collaborative working style and growth mindset
- Highly motivated and resourceful
What we offer:
- £market compensation
- Based in London, split 50/50 Albion and UCLB offices (remote working at the moment)
We are an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.